Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Tumwater, WA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Tumwater, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. How do you feel about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. The best way to start your Tumwater home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Tumwater based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Tumwater home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Tumwater. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Tumwater, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Tumwater. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and discovering your perfect Tumwater home can really eat up the hours. Turn to a real estate agent in Tumwater who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Tumwater and potentially save thousands.* Give it a try. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Tumwater. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.