Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Gig Harbor, WA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Gig Harbor, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. What are your general thoughts about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick reality check goes a long way. A good way to begin your Gig Harbor home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Gig Harbor based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Gig Harbor home you've been dreaming about? If it's not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Gig Harbor. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Gig Harbor, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Gig Harbor, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Gig Harbor. Partner with a real estate agent in Gig Harbor who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Gig Harbor and potentially save thousands.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Gig Harbor and give us a call. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.