Understanding the West Falls Church, VA Housing Landscape
Strongly considering a home purchase in West Falls Church? Smart move! You picked a lively city with a great balance of parks, businesses, and educational opportunities, and we're here to help make your house hunt, purchase, and move more streamlined. We serve 3.8 million customers from coast to coast and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the West Falls Church housing market.
West Falls Church's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Sustained economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to entice young families, new businesses, and retirees to the West Falls Church area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. Even so, West Falls Church and its neighboring areas still offer a variety of home types and prices. You can find single-family homes, condos, townhomes, and (hopefully) your dream home! When buying a house in West Falls Church, consider the home's location in relation to your everyday activities. If possible, drive the route you'd take from the house to your school, office, and favorite hangout spot. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Exploring West Falls Church will also help you get a feel for how homes in east West Falls Church differ from west West Falls Church, what the neighborhoods are like, and where to find West Falls Church's hottest attractions.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in West Falls Church? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. You don't even have to stick with your decision to buy a house in West Falls Church. We serve experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in West Falls Church.
Before anything else, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you set a price range while house shopping in West Falls Church. After that, map out your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). It's okay if these numbers are educated guesses. While everyone's situation is different, an online search for West Falls Church averages will usually give you some solid estimates. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Then, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help increase your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the minimum down payment requirements depend on the type of loan. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, take a good look at your credit. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. The healthier your credit is, the more mortgage options you may have open to you— and who doesn't want more choices in life?
It's Go Time! Buy a House in West Falls Church, VA
Moving remains one of the biggest stressors, despite being a practically universal experience. But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like West Falls Church. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in West Falls Church. We're here for you from start to finish and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.