Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Sterling, VA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A good way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Sterling. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. What are your general thoughts about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to begin your Sterling home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Sterling based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Sterling home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Sterling. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Sterling, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Sterling, don't forget to budget your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Sterling. Turn to a real estate agent in Sterling who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Sterling and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances ready to buy a home in Sterling and give us a call. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.