Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Oakton, VA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Oakton, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Start the process with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. How do you feel about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to begin your Oakton home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Oakton based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Oakton home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Oakton. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Oakton, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Oakton, factor in your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Oakton can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Oakton who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Oakton real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Give it a try. Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Oakton. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.