Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Norfolk, VA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A great way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Norfolk, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. What are your general thoughts about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to start your Norfolk home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Norfolk based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Norfolk home you want? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Norfolk. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Norfolk, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Norfolk. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Norfolk can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Norfolk who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Norfolk real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it—there's no strings attached. See just how much you could save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Norfolk and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.