Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Hayes, VA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. One of the best ways to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Hayes, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Get started with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. What are your general thoughts about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to begin your Hayes home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Hayes based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Hayes home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If it's not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Hayes. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Hayes, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Hayes, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and discovering your perfect Hayes home can really eat up the hours. Partner with a real estate agent in Hayes who takes care of the tedious work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Hayes and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! Estimate how much you may be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Hayes and give us a call. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.