Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Franconia, VA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Franconia. Start the process with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick reality check goes a long way. A good way to begin your Franconia home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Franconia based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Franconia home you've been dreaming about? If it's not, think about increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Franconia. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Franconia, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Franconia, factor in your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Franconia. Partner with a real estate agent in Franconia who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Franconia and potentially save thousands.* Try it! Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Franconia. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.