Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Abingdon, VA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Abingdon. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to begin your Abingdon home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Abingdon based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Abingdon home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If it's not, think about increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Abingdon. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Abingdon, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Abingdon, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Abingdon can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Abingdon who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Abingdon real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Give it a try. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances in order to buy a house in Abingdon. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.