Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Draper, UT
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A good way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Draper, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Get started with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. What are your general thoughts about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to begin your Draper home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Draper based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Draper home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Draper. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Draper, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Draper, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Draper. Partner with a real estate agent in Draper who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Draper and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Draper is to apply for a home loan. The finish line is right around the corner! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances in order to buy a house in Draper. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.