Understanding the Rock Hill, SC Housing Landscape
Thinking about buying a home in Rock Hill? Congratulations! You selected an energetic city with a dynamic selection of businesses, schools, restaurants and parks, and we're here to help make your home purchase and move a little easier. We serve 3.8 million customers across the country and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the Rock Hill housing market.
Rock Hill's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Ongoing economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to attract young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Rock Hill area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. Even so, Rock Hill and its nearby areas still offer an array of homes in price and amenities. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (fingers-crossed) your dream home! When looking to buy a house in Rock Hill, consider how near or far away the home is from the places you visit most. If you can, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Discovering different parts of Rock Hill will help you see how the northern part differs from the southern part, what the neighborhoods are like, and where to find Rock Hill's hottest attractions.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in Rock Hill? Reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you don't know how to go about answering that question. We believe in keeping the dream of homeownership alive and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in South Carolina or somewhere else entirely. We support first-time homeowners and experienced homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Rock Hill.
First, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you set a price range while house shopping in Rock Hill. After that, jot down your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, homeowners association fees, home repairs, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Rock Hill will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Then, figure out what a realistic down payment would be for you. Putting at least 20% down will increase your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the required down payment will depend on the type of loan you get. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Getting prequalified will give you an idea of how much you might qualify to borrow. Also, take a good look at your credit. Credit history is an important part of your mortgage application. You may be presented with more mortgage options if you have healthy credit— and options are always a good thing!
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Rock Hill, SC
As common as moving is, you'd think we'd all have figured out a less stressful way to do it. And yet, it remains a top stressor in life! But when you get to live in a stellar city like Rock Hill, moving doesn't seem so challenging. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in Rock Hill. We're here to help you along the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.