Understanding the Pottsville, PA Housing Landscape
Thinking about buying a home in Pottsville? Congratulations! You picked a colorful city with an ideal amount of businesses, schools, restaurants and parks, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We support 3.8 million customers from coast to coast and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the Pottsville housing market.
Pottsville's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Sustained cultural expansion and economic growth have helped to attract young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Pottsville area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. Despite this, Pottsville and the surrounding areas still offer a variety of home styles and prices. You can find duplexes, single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and (ideally) your dream house! When buying a house in Pottsville, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If possible, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. Your home's location will influence almost every aspect of your life. Traveling around Pottsville will also give you an idea of why homes in west Pottsville are priced differently than homes in east Pottsville, what the communities are like, and where to find Pottsville's coolest attractions.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in Pottsville? Reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you don't know how to go about answering that question. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make the journey less worrisome and more rewarding every step of the way. You could choose to buy a home in Pennsylvania or elsewhere. We serve new and experienced homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Pottsville.
Before anything else, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help determine the price range for your Pottsville house hunt. Then, add up the potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). You don't need an exact amount for these expenses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Pottsville will usually point you in the right direction. Remember that the bulk of your monthly homeowner expenses could be your monthly mortgage payment.
Then, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. Putting at least 20% down will improve your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). Even so, the required down payment will depend on the type of loan you get. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Getting prequalified helps you know how much you might be eligible to borrow from a lender. Also, consider your credit profile. Credit history is an important part of your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and more options are always good!
Make Your Move: Buy a Home in Pottsville, PA
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But when you get to live in a stellar city like Pottsville, moving doesn't seem so challenging. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in Pottsville. We're here to help you along the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.