Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Henderson, NC
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A good way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Henderson, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Get started with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. What are your general thoughts about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A little "gut check" can go a long way. The best way to begin your Henderson home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Henderson based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Henderson home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Henderson. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Henderson, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Henderson. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Henderson can be time-consuming. Turn to a real estate agent in Henderson who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Henderson and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Henderson. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.