Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Clemmons, NC
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A great way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Clemmons, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. What are your general thoughts about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to begin your Clemmons home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Clemmons based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Clemmons home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Clemmons. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Clemmons, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Clemmons. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Clemmons. Turn to a real estate agent in Clemmons who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Clemmons and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Estimate how much you may be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Clemmons is to apply for a home loan. Can you see the finish line? Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Clemmons. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.