Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Shoreham, NY
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Shoreham. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. What are your general thoughts about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to start your Shoreham home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Shoreham based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Shoreham home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Shoreham. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Shoreham, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Shoreham, factor in your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and looking for the perfect home in Shoreham can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Shoreham who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Shoreham real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it—there's no strings attached. See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Shoreham and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.