Exploring Scottsbluff, NE From North to South
Ready to lay down some roots and buy a house in Scottsbluff? Great idea! You've chosen a lively city with a great balance of businesses, schools, restaurants and parks, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We serve 3.8 million customers from coast to coast and know the Scottsbluff housing market well.
Scottsbluff's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Ongoing economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to beckon entrepreneurs, retirees, and new graduates to the Scottsbluff area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. That said, Scottsbluff and its nearby areas still offer a wide range of home types and prices. You can find single-family homes, condos, townhomes, and (fingers-crossed) your dream home! When buying a home in Scottsbluff, consider how near or far away the home is from the places you visit most. If possible, test drive your trip from the house to work, school, and the grocery store. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Discovering different parts of Scottsbluff will help you see how the northern part differs from the southern part, what the neighborhoods are like, and where to find Scottsbluff's hottest attractions.
Are you financially prepared to buy a house in Scottsbluff? Reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you don't know how to go about answering that question. We believe in keeping the dream of homeownership alive and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in Nebraska or somewhere else entirely. We support experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Read through the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in Scottsbluff.
First, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Scottsbluff. Then, add up the potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). You don't need an exact amount for these expenses. Searching the web for Scottsbluff averages will usually give you a solid estimate, though everyone's situation is different. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Next, look at how much money you can put toward a down payment. Putting at least 20% down will increase your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). Even so, down payment requirements can differ depending on the loan type. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Getting prequalified helps you know how much you might be eligible to borrow from a lender. Also, check your credit. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and who doesn't want more choices in life?
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Scottsbluff, NE
As common as moving is, you'd think we'd all have figured out a less stressful way to do it. And yet, it remains a top stressor in life! But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Scottsbluff. Contact Mr. Cooper as you get ready to buy a house in Scottsbluff. We're here to help you along the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a top-performing real estate agent who can potentially save you thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.