Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Plymouth, MN
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. One of the best ways to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Plymouth, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Start the process with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. Are you confident about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to start your Plymouth home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Plymouth based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Plymouth home you've been dreaming about? If not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Plymouth. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Plymouth, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Plymouth. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Plymouth. Partner with a real estate agent in Plymouth who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Plymouth real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it! Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Plymouth is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Plymouth. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.