Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Marshall, MN
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Marshall, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick reality check goes a long way. The best way to start your Marshall home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Marshall based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Marshall home you've been dreaming about? If not, think about increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Marshall. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Marshall, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Marshall, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Marshall can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Marshall who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Marshall and potentially save thousands.* Give it a try. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances in order to buy a house in Marshall. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.