Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Plymouth, MA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Plymouth, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to start your Plymouth home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Plymouth based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Plymouth home you want? If it's not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Plymouth. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Plymouth, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Plymouth, don't forget to budget your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Plymouth can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Plymouth who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Plymouth and potentially save thousands.* Give it a try. Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Plymouth is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Plymouth. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.