Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Spanaway, WA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A good way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Spanaway. Walk through the following steps to get started and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. How do you feel about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A good way to begin your Spanaway home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Spanaway based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Spanaway home you want? If it's not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Spanaway. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Spanaway, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Spanaway. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Spanaway. Turn to a real estate agent in Spanaway who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Spanaway and potentially save thousands.* Try it! See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Spanaway and give us a call. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.