Get Familiar with the Lay of the Land in Silverdale, WA
Strongly considering a home purchase in Silverdale? Smart move! You've chosen an energetic city with a dynamic selection of parks, businesses, and educational opportunities, and we're here to help make your home purchase and move a little easier. We support 3.8 million customers nationwide and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the Silverdale housing market.
Silverdale is growing by the day, which means Silverdale homes don't always come cheap. Continued support for local businesses and cultural growth have helped to beckon retirees, new businesses, and young families to the Silverdale area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. Despite this, Silverdale and its neighboring areas still offer a wide range of homes in price and amenities. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (hopefully) your dream home! When buying a house in Silverdale, consider how near or far away the home is from the places you visit most. If possible, test drive your trip from the house to work, school, and the grocery store. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Discovering different parts of Silverdale will help you see how the northern part differs from the southern part, where to find Silverdale's most popular attractions, and what the neighborhoods are like.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in Silverdale? Contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you're unsure of your answer. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and try our best to make the journey easier and more rewarding. You don't even have to stick with your decision to buy a house in Silverdale. We work with experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you figure out if your finances are in the right place to buy a house in Silverdale.
First, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you set a price range while house shopping in Silverdale. Then, map out your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). You don't need an exact amount for these expenses. While everyone's situation is different, an online search for Silverdale averages will usually give you some solid estimates. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Now, figure out what a realistic down payment would be for you. Putting at least 20% down will increase your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the required down payment will depend on the type of loan you get. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Getting prequalified helps you know how much you might be eligible to borrow from a lender. Also, check your credit. Credit history is one of the main factors that lenders look at when considering your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and more options are always good!
It's Go Time! Buy a House in Silverdale, WA
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Silverdale. Contact Mr. Cooper as you look to buy a home in Silverdale. We're here to help you along the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.