Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Shoreline, WA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A great way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Shoreline. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. How do you feel about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to begin your Shoreline home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Shoreline based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Shoreline home you want? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Shoreline. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Shoreline, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Shoreline, factor in your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and discovering your perfect Shoreline home can really eat up the hours. Turn to a real estate agent in Shoreline who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Shoreline and potentially save thousands.* Give it a try. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Shoreline is to apply for a home loan. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Shoreline and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.