Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Oak Harbor, WA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Oak Harbor. Start the process with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A solid way to begin your Oak Harbor home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Oak Harbor based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Oak Harbor home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Oak Harbor. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Oak Harbor, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Follow that information with a few personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Oak Harbor. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Oak Harbor. Turn to a real estate agent in Oak Harbor who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Oak Harbor real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it! Estimate how much you may be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Oak Harbor. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.