Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Lakeland South, WA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Lakeland South. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to begin your Lakeland South home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Lakeland South based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Lakeland South home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, think about increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Lakeland South. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Lakeland South, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Lakeland South, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Lakeland South. Turn to a real estate agent in Lakeland South who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Lakeland South and potentially save thousands.* Give it a try. See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Lakeland South and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.