Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Kirkland, WA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A good way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Kirkland. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to begin your Kirkland home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Kirkland based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Kirkland home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Kirkland. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Kirkland, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Kirkland, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and discovering your perfect Kirkland home can really eat up the hours. Turn to a real estate agent in Kirkland who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Kirkland and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Kirkland. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.