Understanding the Fort Lewis, WA Housing Landscape
Strongly considering a home purchase in Fort Lewis? Smart move! You picked a colorful city with a dynamic selection of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We support 3.8 million customers across the country and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the Fort Lewis housing market.
Fort Lewis is growing by the day, which means Fort Lewis homes don't always come cheap. Ongoing economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to attract entrepreneurs, retirees, and new graduates to the Fort Lewis area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. Even so, Fort Lewis and its nearby areas still offer an array of home styles and prices. You can find duplexes, single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and (hopefully) your dream home! When buying a home in Fort Lewis, consider how near or far away the home is from the places you visit most. If possible, test drive your trip from the house to work, school, and the grocery store. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Exploring Fort Lewis will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Fort Lewis differ from west Fort Lewis, what the communities are like, and where to find Fort Lewis's coolest attractions.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in Fort Lewis? Contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you're unsure of your answer. We believe in keeping the dream of homeownership alive and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in Washington or somewhere else entirely. We work with new and experienced homeowners alike. Read through the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in Fort Lewis.
First, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Fort Lewis. Then, map out your potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). It's okay if these numbers are educated guesses. Searching the web for Fort Lewis averages will usually give you a solid estimate, though everyone's situation is different. Remember that the bulk of your monthly homeowner expenses could be your monthly mortgage payment.
Next, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. Placing a minimum of 20% down can improve your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). However, down payment requirements can differ depending on the loan type. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Getting prequalified will give you an idea of how much you might qualify to borrow. Also, consider your credit profile. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. You may be presented with more mortgage options if you have healthy credit— and who doesn't want more choices in life?
It's Go Time! Buy a House in Fort Lewis, WA
As common as moving is, you'd think we'd all have figured out a less stressful way to do it. And yet, it remains a top stressor in life! But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like Fort Lewis. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in Fort Lewis. We're here for you from start to finish and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.