Exploring Burien, WA From North to South
Thinking about buying a home in Burien? Smart move! You picked a colorful city with an ideal amount of businesses, schools, restaurants and parks, and we're here to help make your home purchase and move a little easier. We serve 3.8 million customers from coast to coast and have the inside scoop on Burien's housing scene.
Burien is growing by the day, which means Burien homes don't always come cheap. Continued cultural expansion and economic growth have helped to beckon young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Burien area, but so much change also means a strain on housing options, school capacities, and city roads. Despite this, Burien and its nearby areas still offer a wide range of home types and prices. You can find duplexes, single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and (fingers-crossed) your dream home! When buying a home in Burien, consider how near or far away the home is from the places you visit most. If possible, test drive your trip from the house to work, school, and the grocery store. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Exploring Burien will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Burien differ from west Burien, where to find Burien's most popular attractions, and what the neighborhoods are like.
Are you financially prepared to buy a house in Burien? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make the journey less worrisome and more rewarding every step of the way. You could choose to buy a home in Washington or elsewhere. We work with experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Read through the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in Burien.
First, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help determine the price range for your Burien house hunt. After that, add up the potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. While everyone's situation is different, an online search for Burien averages will usually give you some solid estimates. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Then, look at how much money you can put toward a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help boost your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). Even so, the minimum down payment requirements depend on the type of loan. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Getting prequalified helps you know how much you might be eligible to borrow from a lender. Also, check your credit. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. You may be presented with more mortgage options if you have healthy credit— and who doesn't want more choices in life?
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Burien, WA
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But when you get to live in a stellar city like Burien, moving doesn't seem so challenging. Contact Mr. Cooper as you get ready to buy a house in Burien. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.