Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Burien, WA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Burien, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to begin your Burien home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Burien based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Burien home you want? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Burien. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Burien, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Burien, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and discovering your perfect Burien home can really eat up the hours. Partner with a real estate agent in Burien who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Burien real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it! Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Burien is to apply for a home loan. The finish line is right around the corner! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Burien and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.