Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Bellingham, WA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. One of the best ways to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Bellingham, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. How do you feel about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to begin your Bellingham home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Bellingham based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Bellingham home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Bellingham. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Bellingham, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Bellingham. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Bellingham. Turn to a real estate agent in Bellingham who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Bellingham and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Give it a try. See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Bellingham and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.