Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Auburn, WA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Auburn, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Get started with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. What are your general thoughts about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick reality check goes a long way. A good way to begin your Auburn home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Auburn based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Auburn home you've been dreaming about? If it's not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Auburn. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Auburn, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Auburn, factor in your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Auburn can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Auburn who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Auburn and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Give it a try. Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Auburn. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.