Understanding the Verona, VA Housing Landscape
Thinking about buying a home in Verona? Great idea! You selected an energetic city with a dynamic selection of parks, businesses, and educational opportunities, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We serve 3.8 million customers from coast to coast and have the inside scoop on Verona's housing scene.
Verona's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Ongoing cultural expansion and economic growth have helped to attract young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Verona area, but so much change also means a strain on housing options, school capacities, and city roads. Even so, Verona and its neighboring areas still offer a variety of home styles and prices. You can find duplexes, single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and (ideally) your dream house! When buying a house in Verona, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If possible, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Discovering different parts of Verona will help you see how the northern part differs from the southern part, what the neighborhoods are like, and where to find Verona's hottest attractions.
You're ready to buy a house in Verona, but is your bank account? Contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you're unsure of your answer. We believe everyone can find their dream home and try our best to make the journey easier and more rewarding. You don't even have to stick with your decision to buy a house in Verona. We support experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Start with the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Verona.
First, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Verona. After that, map out your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). You don't need an exact amount for these expenses. While everyone's situation is different, an online search for Verona averages will usually give you some solid estimates. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Now, look at how much money you can put toward a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help boost your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). However, down payment requirements can differ depending on the loan type. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Getting prequalified will give you an idea of how much you might qualify to borrow. Also, check your credit. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. You may be presented with more mortgage options if you have healthy credit— and options are always a good thing!
Make Your Move: Buy a Home in Verona, VA
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But when you get to live in a stellar city like Verona, moving doesn't seem so challenging. Contact Mr. Cooper as you look to buy a home in Verona. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.