Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Staunton, VA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Staunton, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to start your Staunton home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Staunton based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Staunton home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Staunton. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Staunton, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Staunton. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Staunton can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Staunton who takes care of the tedious work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Staunton and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Staunton is to apply for a home loan. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Staunton. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.