Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Stafford, VA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. One of the best ways to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Stafford. Walk through the following steps to get started and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to start your Stafford home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Stafford based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Stafford home you want? If it's not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Stafford. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Stafford, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Stafford. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and discovering your perfect Stafford home can really eat up the hours. Partner with a real estate agent in Stafford who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Stafford and potentially save thousands.* Try it! Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Stafford is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Stafford. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.