Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Springfield, VA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Springfield. Walk through the following steps to get started and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. Are you confident about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A good way to start your Springfield home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Springfield based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Springfield home you've been dreaming about? If it's not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Springfield. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Springfield, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Springfield. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and discovering your perfect Springfield home can really eat up the hours. Join forces with a real estate agent in Springfield who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Springfield and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Springfield and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.