Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Short Pump, VA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. One of the best ways to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Short Pump, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Start the process with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. How do you feel about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. The best way to begin your Short Pump home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Short Pump based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Short Pump home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Short Pump. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Short Pump, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Short Pump, factor in your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and looking for the perfect home in Short Pump can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Short Pump who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Short Pump and potentially save thousands.* Try it! Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Short Pump. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.