Mr. Cooper Mortgages in Portsmouth, VA
Ready to make your home ownership dreams come true? Let's do it. As the nation's third-largest home loan servicer, Mr. Cooper is equipped to guide you through the home ownership process. Whether you want to learn more about conventional home loans, Federal Housing Administration loans (FHA), or VA loans, you can turn to Mr. Cooper. You can do so much with Mr. Cooper in Portsmouth — including learn more about mortgage rates, credit scores, and budgeting.
We understand that getting a mortgage can seem puzzling, especially if you're a first-time home buyer in Portsmouth, VA. Mr. Cooper can explain how everything applies to your situation. Just give us a call. Here's what you need to know in the meantime.
Conventional loans are one of the most common and popular mortgage options for home buyers in Portsmouth. The federal government does not insure these loans. Private lenders like Mr. Cooper back conventional loans, where the government backs other home loan types. Some advantages of a conventional loan might include favorable interest terms and various term lengths.
FHA is another home loan type that may be available to you as a Portsmouth home buyer. FHA loans, or Federal Housing Administration loans, are backed by the government. When compared to a conventional loan, an FHA loan generally has less restrictive credit requirements and often allows for a lesser down payment. Learn more about FHA loan requirements in Portsmouth with Mr. Cooper.
VA home loans are only available to service members, veterans, and their spouses. If you're trying to buy a house in Portsmouth and you're a veteran, active-duty service member, or surviving spouse, you could be eligible for a VA loan. At Mr. Cooper, we support our country's veterans, active-duty service members, and their families. It's our privilege to help every one of them become homeowners. Due to the uniqueness of this home loan option, we encourage you to call a Mr. Cooper mortgage professional to learn more about VA loans in Portsmouth. Get Started
Refinance Your Home Loan in Portsmouth with Mr. Cooper
Besides new home loans, Mr. Cooper also provides mortgage refinancing in Portsmouth. Refinancing your home loan simply means paying off your current home loan and replacing it with a new one that better suits your financial needs. The new loan may have a shorter loan term, a better interest rate, or both. A majority of the time, the goal of refinancing is to get a lower interest rate and decrease your monthly payment (so you can spend more time and money making your Portsmouth home just the way you want it!).
Like new home loans, there are a couple of different ways to refinance. For one, you can refinance for a more favorable loan term or interest rate. Cash-out refinancing is another option.† It allows homeowners who want to leverage their home's equity as cash to invest in things like home remodeling or higher education. Cash-out refinancing can also be a method for debt consolidation, since you can also use equity from your home to tap into cash and pay down medical bills, car loans, or credit card debt.^ The right refinance option is a phone call away. Contact Mr. Cooper in Portsmouth to learn more about refinancing today.
Selling or Buying a House in Portsmouth with Mr. Cooper
Buying a house in Portsmouth, VA? Then you'll probably want to look into getting prequalified for a mortgage in Portsmouth and seek professional assistance for how to buy a home in Portsmouth. Despite Virginia's ever-changing real estate market, Mr. Cooper mortgage professionals are always equipped with the latest insights. How can a Mr. Cooper mortgage professional help streamline your home-buying journey? We can help in a few ways: First off, we can help you calculate how much house you can afford to buy. Then, we can help you get prequalified to buy a home in Portsmouth and connect you with our affiliate to find a reliable real estate agent.* Last but not least, Mr. Cooper can help you get a home loan that satisfies your financial needs and accelerates your home ownership journey. From open house to closing day, Mr. Cooper is your ally.
Are you researching how to sell a house in Portsmouth, VA? Mr. Cooper has your back there, too. We know the obstacles that come with selling a house in Portsmouth, especially when you're trying to do it for the first time. As a seller, you'll get comprehensive marketing and sales service at a great value. And as a buyer, you'll have access to thousands of home listings and might qualify for a Buyer's Bonus Credit at closing.** Ask about our Portsmouth Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards program to learn more.
Mr. Cooper is here to be your advocate on your homeowner journey. Give us a call for more information about home loans, refinancing, and buying or selling a home in Portsmouth. We are here for you.
- † A cash‐out refinance increases your mortgage debt and reduces the equity you may have in your home. Your monthly mortgage payments may be higher.
- ^ A debt consolidation refinance increases your mortgage debt, reduces equity, and extends the term on shorter‐term debt and secures such debts with your home. The relative benefits you receive from debt consolidation will vary depending on your individual circumstances. You should consider that a debt consolidation loan may increase the total number of monthly payments and the total amount paid over the term of the loan. To enjoy the benefits of a debt consolidation loan, you should not carry new credit card or high interest rate debt.
- The Purchase Pro program is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR and TN.
- ** Listing commissions may vary by transaction and through negotiation.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.