Understanding the Montclair, VA Housing Landscape
Thinking about buying a home in Montclair? Smart move! You've chosen a lively city with a great balance of businesses, schools, restaurants and parks, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We support 3.8 million customers nationwide and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the Montclair housing market.
Montclair's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Ongoing economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to attract retirees, new businesses, and young families to the Montclair area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. Despite this, Montclair and its neighboring areas still offer a variety of homes in price and amenities. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (fingers-crossed) your dream house! When looking to buy a house in Montclair, consider the home's location in relation to your everyday activities. If possible, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Exploring Montclair will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Montclair differ from west Montclair, what the communities are like, and where to find Montclair's coolest attractions.
Are you financially prepared to buy a house in Montclair? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We believe everyone can find their dream home and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. You could choose to buy a home in Virginia or elsewhere. We work with experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in Montclair.
First, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Montclair. Then, jot down your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, homeowners association fees, home repairs, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Montclair will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Now, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. Putting at least 20% down will boost your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). Even so, down payment requirements can differ depending on the loan type. This is where getting prequalified for a mortgage comes in handy. Getting prequalified will give you an idea of how much you might qualify to borrow. Also, check your credit. Credit history is one of the main factors that lenders look at when considering your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and who doesn't want more choices in life?
It's Go Time! Buy a House in Montclair, VA
As common as moving is, you'd think we'd all have figured out a less stressful way to do it. And yet, it remains a top stressor in life! But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like Montclair. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in Montclair. We're here to help you along the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.