Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Laurel, VA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Laurel. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to start your Laurel home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Laurel based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Laurel home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Laurel. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Laurel, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Laurel. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and looking for the perfect home in Laurel can be time-consuming. Turn to a real estate agent in Laurel who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Laurel and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Laurel. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.