Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Hollins, VA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Hollins, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. What are your general thoughts about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. The best way to start your Hollins home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Hollins based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Hollins home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Hollins. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Hollins, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Hollins, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Hollins can be time-consuming. Turn to a real estate agent in Hollins who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Hollins real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Give it a try. Estimate how much you may be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Hollins is to apply for a home loan. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Hollins and give us a call. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.