Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Hampton, VA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Hampton, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Get started with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to begin your Hampton home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Hampton based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Hampton home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, think about increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Hampton. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Hampton, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Hampton. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and discovering your perfect Hampton home can really eat up the hours. Turn to a real estate agent in Hampton who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Hampton and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Hampton and give us a call. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.