Why Choose Mr. Cooper Mortgages in Chesapeake, VA?
Ready to make your home ownership dreams come true? Let's do it. As the nation's third-largest home loan servicer, Mr. Cooper is ready to assist you in your journey to becoming a homeowner. Whether you want to learn more about conventional home loans, Federal Housing Administration loans (FHA), or VA loans, you can turn to Mr. Cooper. You can do so much with Mr. Cooper in Chesapeake — including learn more about mortgage rates, credit scores, and budgeting.
We know getting a mortgage can feel overwhelming, especially if you're a first-time home buyer in Chesapeake, VA. Give us a call to see how it applies to you. Until then, here's what you need to know to get started.
Conventional loans are one of the most common and popular mortgage options for home buyers in Chesapeake. These are loans that are not insured by the federal government. The government backs other home loan types, while private lenders like Mr. Cooper back conventional loans. Some advantages of a conventional loan might include various term lengths and favorable interest rates.
As a Chesapeake home buyer, you might be eligible for FHA financing, another type of home loan. FHA loans, or Federal Housing Administration loans, are backed by the government. FHA loans are known for having more flexible credit qualifications and lesser down payments than conventional loans. Ask Mr. Cooper about FHA loan requirements in Chesapeake today.
Only service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive a VA home loan. If you're getting ready to buy a home in Chesapeake and are a veteran, active-duty service member, or surviving spouse, you could be eligible for a VA loan. At Mr. Cooper, we support our country's veterans, active-duty service members, and their families. It's our privilege to help every one of them become homeowners. Since this loan option is so unique, we invite you to call Mr. Cooper to learn more about qualifying for a VA loan in Chesapeake. Get Started
Refinance Your Home Loan in Chesapeake with Mr. Cooper
In addition to new home loans, Mr. Cooper also offers mortgage refinancing in Chesapeake. Refinancing a home loan is simple. It means you pay off your existing home loan and replace it with a new one that's a better fit for your financial situation. The new loan may have a shorter loan term, a better interest rate, or both. A majority of the time, the purpose of refinancing is to get a lower interest rate and reduce your monthly payment (so you can invest more money in making memories in your Chesapeake house!).
Like new home loans, there are a couple of different ways to refinance. One option is to refinance to get a better interest or loan term. Cash-out refinancing is another option.† It allows homeowners who want to leverage their home's equity as cash to invest in things like home remodeling or higher education. Cash-out refinancing can also be a method for debt consolidation, since you can also use equity from your home to tap into cash and pay down credit card debt, medical bills, or auto loans.^ Whatever your situation, Mr. Cooper in Chesapeake can help you learn more about refinancing and choose the right refinance option.
Buying or Selling a Home in Chesapeake with Mr. Cooper
Getting ready to buy a home in Chesapeake, VA? Then you'll probably want to look into getting prequalified for a mortgage in Chesapeake and seek professional assistance for how to buy a home in Chesapeake. Virginia's real estate market ebbs and flows. Despite the constant change, Mr. Cooper mortgage professionals always have the most up-to-date insights. Your Mr. Cooper mortgage professional can help smooth out the home-buying process in a couple of ways: First, we’ll help you determine how much house you can realistically afford to purchase. Then, we can help you get prequalified to buy a home in Chesapeake and introduce you to our affiliate to find a dependable real estate agent.* Finally, Mr. Cooper can help you secure a home loan that aligns with your financial situation and accelerates your home ownership journey. From open house to closing day, Mr. Cooper is your ally.
Are you researching how to sell a house in Chesapeake, VA? Mr. Cooper has your back there, too. We know the challenges that come with selling a home in Chesapeake, particularly if it's your first time doing it. As a seller, you'll get in-depth marketing and sales insight at an exceptional value. And as a buyer, you'll gain access to thousands of new listings and could be eligible for a special credit at closing.** Ask about our Chesapeake Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards program to learn more.
Mr. Cooper is here to help you on your journey to home ownership. Give us a call for more information about refinancing, home loans, and selling or buying a house in Chesapeake. We're your ally.
- † A cash‐out refinance increases your mortgage debt and reduces the equity you may have in your home. Your monthly mortgage payments may be higher.
- ^ A debt consolidation refinance increases your mortgage debt, reduces equity, and extends the term on shorter‐term debt and secures such debts with your home. The relative benefits you receive from debt consolidation will vary depending on your individual circumstances. You should consider that a debt consolidation loan may increase the total number of monthly payments and the total amount paid over the term of the loan. To enjoy the benefits of a debt consolidation loan, you should not carry new credit card or high interest rate debt.
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.