Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Centreville, VA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Centreville, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. What are your general thoughts about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to begin your Centreville home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Centreville based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Centreville home you want? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Centreville. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Centreville, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Centreville, don't forget to budget your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and looking for the perfect home in Centreville can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Centreville who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Centreville and potentially save thousands.* Try it—there's no strings attached. See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Centreville is to apply for a home loan. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Centreville and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.