Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Blacksburg, VA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Blacksburg. Walk through the following steps to get started and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. The best way to begin your Blacksburg home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Blacksburg based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Blacksburg home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Blacksburg. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Blacksburg, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Provide a few more personal details and you're almost prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Blacksburg, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Blacksburg. Join forces with a real estate agent in Blacksburg who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Blacksburg and potentially save thousands.* Try it! See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Blacksburg is to apply for a home loan. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Blacksburg. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.