Exploring Murray, UT From North to South
Thinking about buying a home in Murray? Awesome! You've chosen a vibrant city with a dynamic selection of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We serve 3.8 million customers from coast to coast and have the inside scoop on Murray's housing scene.
Murray is growing by the day, which means Murray homes don't always come cheap. Ongoing economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to beckon young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Murray area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. That said, Murray and the surrounding areas still offer a wide range of homes in price and amenities. You can find single-family homes, condos, townhomes, and (hopefully) your dream home! When looking to buy a house in Murray, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If you can, drive the route you'd take from the house to your school, office, and favorite hangout spot. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Traveling around Murray will also give you an idea of why homes in west Murray are priced differently than homes in east Murray, where to find Murray's most popular attractions, and what the neighborhoods are like.
You're ready to buy a house in Murray, but is your bank account? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in Utah or somewhere else entirely. We help experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Murray.
Before anything else, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Murray. After that, jot down your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. Searching the web for Murray averages will usually give you a solid estimate, though everyone's situation is different. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Now, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. Putting at least 20% down will boost your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). However, down payment requirements can differ depending on the loan type. This is where getting prequalified for a mortgage comes in handy. Getting prequalified will give you an idea of how much you might qualify to borrow. Also, check your credit. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. The healthier your credit is, the more mortgage options you may have open to you— and who doesn't want more choices in life?
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Murray, UT
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Murray. Contact Mr. Cooper as you look to buy a home in Murray. We're here for you from start to finish and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a top-performing real estate agent who can potentially save you thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.