Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Lehi, UT
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Lehi, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. How do you feel about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to begin your Lehi home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Lehi based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Lehi home you want? If it's not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Lehi. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Lehi, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Lehi, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Lehi can be time-consuming. Turn to a real estate agent in Lehi who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Lehi and potentially save thousands.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Lehi. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.