Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Franklin, TN
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A good way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Franklin, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Start the process with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. What are your general thoughts about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to begin your Franklin home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Franklin based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Franklin home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If it's not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Franklin. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Franklin, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Franklin, don't forget to budget your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and discovering your perfect Franklin home can really eat up the hours. Partner with a real estate agent in Franklin who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Franklin and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Franklin is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Franklin. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.