Get Familiar with the Lay of the Land in Elizabethton, TN
Ready to lay down some roots and buy a house in Elizabethton? Great idea! You've chosen a lively city with a dynamic selection of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help make your home purchase and move a little easier. We serve 3.8 million customers across the country and have the inside scoop on Elizabethton's housing scene.
Given all of Tennessee's growth, Elizabethton homes aren't always easy to find at a comfortable price. Sustained economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to entice young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Elizabethton area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. Despite this, Elizabethton and its neighboring areas still offer a wide range of home styles and prices. You can find single-family homes, condos, townhomes, and (ideally) your perfect home! When buying a house in Elizabethton, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If you can, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Exploring Elizabethton will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Elizabethton differ from west Elizabethton, what the communities are like, and where to find Elizabethton's coolest attractions.
You're ready to buy a house in Elizabethton, but is your bank account? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We believe everyone can find their dream home and work to make the journey less worrisome and more rewarding every step of the way. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in Tennessee or somewhere else entirely. We support first-time homeowners and experienced homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you figure out if your finances are in the right place to buy a house in Elizabethton.
Before anything else, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Elizabethton. Then, add up the potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). You don't need an exact amount for these expenses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Elizabethton will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Next, figure out what a realistic down payment would be for you. A down payment of at least 20% can help boost your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the required down payment will depend on the type of loan you get. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Getting prequalified helps you know how much you might be eligible to borrow from a lender. Also, check your credit. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. You may be presented with more mortgage options if you have healthy credit— and options are always a good thing!
Make Your Move: Buy a Home in Elizabethton, TN
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Elizabethton. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in Elizabethton. We're here to help you along the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.