Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Cookeville, TN
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. One of the best ways to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Cookeville, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Start the process with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to begin your Cookeville home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Cookeville based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Cookeville home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Cookeville. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Cookeville, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Cookeville, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Cookeville can be time-consuming. Turn to a real estate agent in Cookeville who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Cookeville real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Give it a try. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances in order to buy a house in Cookeville. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.