Exploring Sioux Falls, SD From North to South
Strongly considering a home purchase in Sioux Falls? Smart move! You picked a lively city with an ideal amount of businesses, schools, restaurants and parks, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We service 3.8 million customers nationwide and know the Sioux Falls housing market well.
Sioux Falls is growing by the day, which means Sioux Falls homes don't always come cheap. Ongoing support for local businesses and cultural growth have helped to attract retirees, new businesses, and young families to the Sioux Falls area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. That said, Sioux Falls and its neighboring areas still offer an array of home types and prices. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (hopefully) your dream house! When looking to buy a house in Sioux Falls, consider the home's location in relation to your everyday activities. If possible, drive the route you'd take from the house to your school, office, and favorite hangout spot. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Exploring Sioux Falls will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Sioux Falls differ from west Sioux Falls, where to find Sioux Falls's most popular attractions, and what the neighborhoods are like.
You're ready to buy a house in Sioux Falls, but is your bank account? Reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you don't know how to go about answering that question. We believe everyone can find their dream home and try our best to make the journey easier and more rewarding. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in South Dakota or somewhere else entirely. We serve first-time homeowners and experienced homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Sioux Falls.
First, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Sioux Falls. After that, add up the potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, homeowners association fees, home repairs, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Sioux Falls will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Next, figure out what a realistic down payment would be for you. A down payment of at least 20% can help boost your chances of getting a favorable rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). However, the required down payment will depend on the type of loan you get. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, consider your credit profile. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. The healthier your credit is, the more mortgage options you may have open to you— and more options are always good!
It's Go Time! Buy a House in Sioux Falls, SD
As common as moving is, you'd think we'd all have figured out a less stressful way to do it. And yet, it remains a top stressor in life! But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like Sioux Falls. Contact Mr. Cooper as you look to buy a home in Sioux Falls. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a top-performing real estate agent who can potentially save you thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.