Understanding the Laurens, SC Housing Landscape
Ready to lay down some roots and buy a house in Laurens? Awesome! You picked an energetic city with an ideal amount of businesses, schools, restaurants and parks, and we're here to help make your home purchase and move a little easier. We support 3.8 million customers nationwide and have the inside scoop on Laurens's housing scene.
Laurens is growing by the day, which means Laurens homes don't always come cheap. Ongoing economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to entice retirees, new businesses, and young families to the Laurens area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. Despite this, Laurens and the surrounding areas still offer a wide range of home styles and prices. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (hopefully) your perfect home! When buying a home in Laurens, consider how near or far away the home is from the places you visit most. If possible, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. Your home's location will influence almost every aspect of your life. Traveling around Laurens will also give you an idea of why homes in west Laurens are priced differently than homes in east Laurens, what the communities are like, and where to find Laurens's coolest attractions.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in Laurens? Reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you don't know how to go about answering that question. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make the journey less worrisome and more rewarding every step of the way. You could choose to buy a home in South Carolina or elsewhere. We support experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in Laurens.
First, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you set a price range while house shopping in Laurens. After that, add up the potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, homeowners association fees, home repairs, etc.). It's okay if these numbers are educated guesses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Laurens will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Then, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help increase your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). However, the minimum down payment requirements depend on the type of loan. This is where getting prequalified for a mortgage comes in handy. Getting prequalified will give you an idea of how much you might qualify to borrow. Also, take a good look at your credit. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. You may be presented with more mortgage options if you have healthy credit— and more options are always good!
Make Your Move: Buy a Home in Laurens, SC
As common as moving is, you'd think we'd all have figured out a less stressful way to do it. And yet, it remains a top stressor in life! But when you get to live in a stellar city like Laurens, moving doesn't seem so challenging. Contact Mr. Cooper as you get ready to buy a house in Laurens. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.